JOB DESCRIPTION: Hospitality Catering Venue Manager
REPORTS TO: Venue Cluster Managers
DIRECT REPORTS: MH venue catering supervisors, specialists.
CONTRACT PERIOD: April - June 2018
MATCH Hospitality is an event management company appointed by FIFA as exclusive worldwide Hospitality Rights Holder of the FIFA Events through to 2023.
You will be senior representative of MATCH hospitality catering team on the dedicated venue
- Monitoring and Coordinating of Catering Service Provider work on Venue (execution of the contract obligations)
- Ensure compliance with MATCH Hospitality contract terms, policies and procedures
- Resolving issues that can harm the catering services
- Training of On Venue Catering team
- Beverages stock control and co-ordination with HQ beverage team and suppliers
- Validating of all Venue Service level monitoring reports
- Controlling of Bump in/Bump Out process
- Communicating with Governmental Authorities, responsible for organization of the Tournament
- Key contact for food safety authorities in relation to hospitality catering on venue
- Undertaken lead, daily briefings with MH catering supervisors
- Briefing of Catering Service Providers on venue, including updates and issues resolution
- Lead and manage hospitality catering team on Venue
- Coordinate and communication between Catering Service Provider and LOC/FIFA/Venue teams
- Asist with elaboration of training materials and debriefing sessions
- Troubleshooting quality and service issues
- Lead meeting representing MATCH Hospitality Catering Department’s interests, with Catering Service Providers, or clients/partners
- Monitor and report on food safety standards to ensure food safety in maintained, in conjunction with food safety
- Reporting to HQ team
FIFA, Constructors, LOC, Governmental Authorities, CSP, Bev Suppliers, Heavy equipment Suppliers
Internal relationships: MH catering on Venue team, HQ team, MH Guest services, Technical and operations team, Affiliates
- Ability of coordinating of operational teams composed of several contractors and services suppliers involved in delivering high level hospitality programmes.
- Should have relevant experience in worldwide sport events industry
- Should have experience in delivering of high level catering hospitality services
- Should have experience with interacting with VIP/VVIP guests and protocol as well
- Experience in bar management
- Strong communication and organizational skills to deal with demands of internal and external clients.
- Ability to work under time pressure
- Deep knowledge of the hospitality industry
- Pro activity building and proposing quick solution for complex challenging situations
- Strong leadership traits and personality
Education, experience and other requirements
- Specialist in food and beverage and hospitality operations.
- Fluent in English and Russian, additional languages will be an advantage
- PC user (intermediate knowledge of office software)
- 5 years of experience in event and catering operations with focus in the hospitality or food industry is a plus
- Valid medical book
- Will be required to assist with adhoc tasks if and when required.
- The nature of this event is such that it may be necessary to amend or add new responsibilities to your actual responsibilities, as we get closer to the event.
To apply for this role, please send your CV and a covering note to Maria Bek: Maria.Bek@match-hospitality.com
- Working hours are accordingly with the responsibilities of your position, but during the operational phases the working hours of the project will require you to work afterhours and at weekends as required.
- When communicating via email or other means ensure that your immediate supervisor or manager is aware of the communication before it is done. Ensuring official communication are approved and aligned with the main company strategy.
- Diligently, timeously and efficiently carry out duties assigned by your supervisor or senior manager.
- Provide your full support to MATCH Hospitality in meeting deadlines which require your input.
- Manage telephonic and consultative contracting queries and respond to information requests and queries together with your manager/supervisor.
- Background security checks will need to be passed for accreditation purpose
- You should follow MATCH Hospitality policies and procedures